The Firm: Founded in 2014, Ten Eleven Ventures is the original venture capital firm to focus exclusively on cybersecurity. The Firm’s Partners are industry insiders – each having 20+ years of operating and investing experience in this highly technical and specialized domain which is itself becoming a transcendent societal issue (privacy, data, government policy) and a derivative of every major trend in technology (cloud, mobile, social, IoT).
The Job: The Firm is looking for a marketing leader who develops and executes strategic and tactical marketing plans for the Firm that enhance the Firm’s visibility to cybersecurity founders and solidifies the Firm’s position as the preeminent cybersecurity venture fund. Primary responsibilities will include the creation of a comprehensive marketing strategy, including external communications such as industry events, email, newsletters, PR, website functionality/content, coordination of marketing initiatives with the Firm’s portfolio companies and communications with the Firm’s investors.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide writing and editing support for outbound communications, including website content, newsletters, announcements, and investor communications, through the composition of clear, concise and substantive copy
- Maintain branding accuracy and message consistency of all existing Firm materials
- Drive the creation of original concepts that result in effective and compelling communications
- Organize promotional events at trade shows and other venues
- Secure speaking opportunities for the Firm at industry events
- Secure PR opportunities and ensure consistent themes and messaging in external messaging and publications • Manage social media strategy and execution
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts industry insiders and positions the Firm as the leading venture fund for cybersecurity
- Travel required up to 10-15% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, media studies, marketing or a related field
- 5-7 years demonstrable experience working with tech companies, ideally including early stage cybersecurity startups
- Excellent writing skills and proficiency
- Intellectual curiosity and a basic understanding of web and mobile services, SaaS and security infrastructure
- Ability, maturity and confidence to work autonomously in an entrepreneurial environment and manage time effectively
- An impeccable work ethic and professional integrity
Please contact Brian Draves directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you’d be a good fit for this position.